Cupcakes complete occasions nowadays. I mean they are small, delicious and attractive. I decided to make these for a friend’s birthday. I was glad they enjoyed it.
My friend Asma, helped me take these pictures with her camera and now I can’t stop obsessing about getting a camera (Edited: a few years later and I got one)
- For the cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes
- For the cream cheese frosting, place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, soften cream cheese. Gradually add butter, and continue beating until smooth and well blended. Sift in confectioners’ sugar, and continue beating until smooth. Add vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe the icing using a spiraling motion onto the cup cake is in a large swirl.
- decorate the cupcakes with sprinkles, biscuits, ganache and enjoy 🙂