It felt like a good Saturday, to make some delicious french toasts. Garnished with honey, strawberries, whipped cream and a little bit of chocolate.
I just had these with a couple of friends in the dormitory. It was absolutely delicious. I use my discretion when making these but you can find a recipe below;
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (can be left out)
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter(can be left out)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 slices of bread
Oil for frying
1/2 cup maple syrup/honey. Whipped cream & fruits
1. In a small bowl, combine, cinnamon, and sugar and set aside briefly.
2. Melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container such as a pie plate.
4. Dip bread into the egg mixture.
5. Fry slices until golden brown in very little oil like you would use to fry an egg, then flip to cook the other side. Serve with syrup.